Thursday, December 30, 2004

Old Friends

I got an email from an old friend and colleague today. That made me feel good. Why is it so nice to hear from a friend you haven't communicated with in a while? Perhaps, because life's relationships are almost all that matters in the end. And, so it's so nice to feel that one of those relationships is no longer dormant, but has come back to life.

What do you imagine you'll think about as your time on earth draws to an end? Not "Damn - I wish I had cleaned out my inbox" and not "Crap, I'm so sorry I never owned a BMW". Don't you think it will be things like "Are my children happy?", "I am so glad I could share my life with my family and friends", "I hope I was a good father"? I do. So, now at the start of the (secular) New Year, maybe it's time to reawaken lapsed relationships with old friends.

Why did I say "...relationships are almost all that matters in the end."? That's the subject for another blog on another day. Stay tuned.

No comments: